Troop 330 has been awarded a crew spot for August 2017 for Seabase the Keys Adventure Expedition!
Keys Adventure description:
This exciting program offers a potpourri of aquatic activities that can be experienced only in the Florida Keys.
The various programs change based on weather patterns, but you can be assured of a lot of snorkeling, fishing, sailing, boating, and ocean kayaking. You’ll also have time to visit historic Key West to enjoy some of the unique culture and activities in the southernmost city in the United States.
Your crew will be housed in air-conditioned dormitories overlooking the Atlantic Ocean and will have great meals at the Brinton Environmental Center. Weather permitting, you’ll even have the opportunity to venture offshore to Big Munson Island for an overnight camping expedition, where you can explore and learn about marine life in the Florida Keys.
If you are looking for an unforgettable Florida Keys experience with a wide variety of aquatic activities, the Keys Adventure is the program for you.
For additional details please see the brochure provided directly by Seabase: http://www.bsaseabase.org/filestore/seabase/pdf/2017_promotional_brochure.pdf
- All participants, youth and adult, must be registered members of the Boy Scouts of America.
- Participants must be 13 years old and graduated from the eighth grade or 14 to participate in all programs. AGE REQUIREMENTS FOR SEA BASE CANNOT BE RELAXED. PLEASE DO NOT REQUEST OR EXPECT EXCEPTIONS!
- Participants must have the ability to swim 100 yards (official BSA swimmer test), and stay afloat for one minute.
- Participants must be in good health evidenced by the BSA Annual Health and Medical Record (no other medical form is acceptable) filled out and signed by their doctor within the past 12 months.
- No participant may weigh in excess of 295 pounds. Please refer to the height/weight chart on the BSA Annual Health and Medical Record form for recommended weight limits. Participants exceeding 295 pounds will be sent home at their own expense.
- All crew members must know and use the Scout Oath and Scout Law as their guide to appropriate behavior at the Sea Base.
Our 7-Day expedition begins with arrival at Seabase on 8/14/2017 and will depart Seabase on 8/21/2017.
# of Youth: 6
# of Adults: 2
The 2017 Seabase Expedition fee is $860.00 per participant. A non-refundable, non-transferable reservation fee of $100.00 per participant is DUE by 8/18/2016. Fees must be collected in advance from each participant. Additional transportation time and costs will be determined at a later date, (Airfare to/from plus any additional sight-seeing costs such as hotel/transportation will be determined by the attending crew members).
Based on early indications we expect a FULL crew, if you are interested reply immediately by indicating on TeamSnap your interest but no later than 8/1.
If we have more sign-ups then the crew capacity then we may have to resort to a lottery, adult participation may impact attendees too (we are required to have 2 adults). If you are interested in attending as an adult email me directly at email@example.com